Christmas is right around the corner and you have exactly zero gifts ready to go 😱. Don’t worry, we got you.
It’s a wee bit late to hop on the online shopping game, and frankly with the Canada Post strike last month, we wouldn’t count on receiving any new orders any time soon. So we’ve put together a little gift guide full of goodies that you can pick up in-person between now and Dec 24th right here in Toronto. It’s tailored for the foodies in your life – which basically applies to anyone who likes to shovel a bit of grub in their mouth on the regular and post about it on their Instagram 🙃.
To make good food, you need good ingredients. The suggestions below will add a little something special to any home cook’s dish. 👌
Clockwise from top left:
- Raw cacao nibs from Chocosol | 1131 St. Clair Ave. W
- Fresh white truffles at Pusateri’s | varying locations across the GTA
- Roasted maple pecans by Jewels Under The Kilt at Fresh City Farms | 2 locations in downtown Toronto
- Salt sampler set by Imaginary Friends at Blue Banana | 250 Augusta Ave
Upping The Game
Maybe your BFF always wanted to brew their own kombucha but didn’t know where to start, or your dad’s always wanted to make a bomb diggity Moroccan tagine, but didn’t have the right equipment. This holiday season is the perfect time to help your loved ones kick their cooking game up a notch with the gifts below.
Clockwise from top left:
- Tagine from iQ living | 542 Danforth Ave
- A cooking class at Dish | 587 College Street West
- Scoby from Pyramid Ferments | select retailers across the GTA
- Matty Matheson’s new cook book at Type Books | 3 locations in Toronto
Serve It Up
There’s nothing better than enjoying good food with good people. What better way to hint to your friends and family to invite you over for some good grub than to present them with some swanky tableware?
Clockwise from the top left:
- Bracelet Flask from Easy Tiger Goods | 1447 Dundas Street West
- Cheeseboard from Juxtapose Home | 616 Bloor Street West
- Pitcher by Mima Ceramics at The Shop | 1139 College Street
- Bowls by Dotti Pots at Ardith One | 3311 Yonge Street
We hope that these suggestions will help kickstart the gifting process for all you procrastinators out there, and remember to check back later this week for more 12 Days of Demetres goodness. We’re also running giveaways on our Instagram (@demetres) leading up to the 25th, so give us a follow to make sure you don’t miss out!